In order to be eligible for membership you must fall into one of five categories. You must:
- Now able to join if you reside, work, or worship in portions of Durham County and Cumberland County, North Carolina.
- Be employed by one of our Select Employee Groups, click the link to see if your employer is on the list.
- Be an immediate family member of an already established member. For example, you would have to be the spouse, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, adopted child, step-child, step-parent or step-sibling of the member to be eligible.
- Live in the same household as an already established member. You can bring in a bill, driver's license, etc to verify your address.
- If you do not qualify for membership in any of the above criteria you can join The North Carolina Consumers Council (NCCC) for an $20 tax-deductible NCCC membership fee.
In addition to being eligible for membership you will also have to open a share account, or a savings account, and deposit a minimum of $25.00. That $25.00 is YOUR share of Vision Financial Federal Credit Union.
After you gain membership, your spouse, child(ren), step-child(ren), adopted child(ren), parent(s), step-parent(s), sibling(s), step-sibling(s), grandparent(s) and grandchild(ren) are all eligible for membership. Also, any widows or widowers of a Credit Union member who passed away while in the field of membership that has NOT remarried are still eligible for membership.