Home Equity Loans
Did you know that your house is made of money! If you’ve been a homeowner for a few years now, chances are you have some equity built up in your home. You may be able to use that equity to consolidate bills, remodel or make home repairs, finance education, start a new business or just about any other reason.
- Stays local.
- Low interest rates.
- Low closing costs.
- No pre-payment penalty.
- No application fee.
- Loan amounts from $5,000.
- Terms up to 15 years.
- Borrow up to 80% of the value of your home, minus any outstanding mortgage balance.
- Interest may be 100% tax deductible (consult your tax adviser for details).
Real Estate Secured Loans:
Real Estate loans consist of loans secured by a first or second lien on real property and/or land and building. Real Estate loans are normally allowed only on the members’ primary residences.
• To qualify for a Real Estate secured loan, the property should be located within a 300-mile radius from the Credit Union.
• The types of real estate that VFFCU will consider for collateral are detached single family residents, double-wide and single-wide homes affixed to a permanent foundation, condos, townhouses, and duplexes if member owns both units.
• Must finance a minimum of $5,000.00
• The maximum maturity for Owner Occupied Real Estate loans is 15 years.
First & Second Deed of Trust Loans
Vision Financial FCU must be in a first or second lien position on the property. No third liens are permitted.
• Maximum Loan Amount: 80% of the appraised or tax value of the property, minus 1st lien.
• Interest Rate: Fixed rates are determined monthly.
| $5,000.00 - $7,000.00
| $7,001.00 - $10,000.00
| $10,001.00 - $15,000.00
| $15,001.00 - over
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
Loans secured by a deed of trust, at variable interest rates.
• Maximum Loan Amount: 80% of appraised value or tax value of the property minus 1st lien.
• Minimum Line of Credit: $5,000.00
• Minimum First Advance: $1,000.00
• Maximum Line Of Credit: $100,000.00
• Minimum Advance: $500.00
• Minimum Payment: $15.00 per $1,000.00 of balance.
• Maximum Terms: 15 years. Advances allowed only during the first 10 years.
• Variable Interest Rate: See rate sheet; changes quarterly.
• Fees: Fees are the same as for closed-end real estate. Currently closing costs are a flat fee of $900.
Parameters for Home Equity Line of Credit
Interest Rate: The interest rate is variable (subject to change the 1st day of each quarter) and is the prime rate as reported in the Wall Street Journal plus 0.75%.
Maximum Loan Amount: The maximum loan to value is 80% with VFFCU in 1st or 2nd position.
For more information on Home Equity loans, rates, mortgage referrals or any other real estate product, please call or email
one of our Loan Officers!
Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) #s
1040560 Lisa Boyd
1359297 David Bradsher
1515082 Stacy Horiski
1156522 Rhonda Long
1515075 Stephany Menchaca
1534660 Christopher Poole
774968 Dawn Swaningson
1515213 Pamela Waters